Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Signature Appliance

How do you know when you've officially entered married life? Is it the ring? Not quite. A marriage license? Well yes, but we don't have one yet. I think it comes down to one signature appliance that separates singles and live-in boyfriends from those who are married - the Kitchen Aid Mixer. While our wedding is still two months away, I officially feel like a married adult now that I have been gifted the much sought after mixer. I don't bake, and you could argue that I barely cook for that matter, but suddenly I have this desire to bake cakes and cookies. A huge thanks to the entire Eismann family for this incredible gift. I can't wait to use it!






2 comments:

Hartley Family said...

That's awesome!!! What a great gift! I have the red one too and I LOVE it!

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Married life came with watering my bushes and trees. Seriously, it felt weird... like I was "playing house". However adulthood was another story: For me, it wasn't the ring, or the marriage license, not even my Kitchen Aid Mixer... no, not even a baby... it's buying your own furniture instead of receiving hand-me-downs or gifts! I'm happy or maybe embarrassed to report... that besides a few chairs... we really aren't adults yet at our house!

By the way: Good luck on your upcoming marathon and marriage!!!