Friday, February 22, 2008

Tag...I'm it!

Rightfully so, I've been accused lately of not keeping up on my blog. It's not that I haven't wanted to share life updates or even 5 little secrets nobody knows about me; I've just been too busy with work in the last month to even plan my wedding let alone update my blog. So here goes...5 things you don't already know about me.


1. I've become a football fanatic since Josh and I met.


At first it was a harmless crush on Matt Hasselback, quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks. Yes, I know he has a dome head and inappropriate male pattern baldness, but in a hat he's hot! But over the course of the last three years, it has become much more than that. I have LOVED watching the Seahawks every Sunday, and then I also get really into the playoffs. It makes it even more fun that the Seahawks have been in the playoffs, and the Superbowl, in the last three years. But this year, my love for football also turned into absolute hate for the New England Patriots. I know they were the best team in the NFL with their perfect season and all, but there was nothing I wanted more than to see them lose at some point. It finally happened in the Super Bowl, and I was delighted! You might be wondering why I hate the Patriots. Let me explain. It comes down to the fact that I don't like Tom Brady because he is a bad daddy. He left his gorgeous and pregnant girlfriend for Giselle. I think that is wrong on so many levels, thus my distaste for New England. Sorry any Patriot fans out there.



2. I'm obsessed with Big Buck Hunter



Many people probably don't know what this is, so let me explain. It's a video game found in dive bars where you have a gun and you shoot wildlife like elk, deer, moose, and bighorn sheep. I'm so embarassed to be admitting this, but it all started a year ago when we were in Chicago visiting Josh's family. We were out with his friends one night and the guys were playing this stupid game and I piped up and asked to give me a chance. It was downhill from there. Josh and I found a hipster bar in Ballard that has it, but we never feel cool enough to hang out there, and on a Friday or Saturday night the bar is so busy that we wait too long to play. So, much to our surprise we found the game at a divey sports bar in Bellevue. We probably play at least once a month.



3. I talk in my sleep, and say very weird things



Just the other night I asked Josh "What did you put on the door?" He said, "There's nothing on the door, you're asleep." I said, "Is it going to pour sugar on me?" and he said, "Yes, it is going to pour sugar on you." Was I dreaming about Def Leopard? I don't know, but that is just weird. I used to scare Josh with my strange sightings at night too. I've seen little green men in the room, lots of spiders, green slime coming from the ceiling, and many more strange things that I'm sure Josh would like to forget. Now that he is used to it, he just likes to mess with me and see how far he can take my hallucinations.



4. I think the worst has happened to Josh when I'm not with him



This actually isn't very funny. But I seriously freak myself out if he is out with friends or on a hike with Lucy and he doesn't answer his phone. I start thinking that he has been eaten by a bear , been kidnapped or been in an accident. My heart races and horrible thoughts go through my head, as I obsessively call his cell phone over and over again. Granted, it's not like these thoughts are happening 5 hours after I would normally expect him to be home. I start freaking out about 15 minutes after my first call. He is getting better about actually having his ringer on when we're not together because this used to happen all the time when we were first dating. He's the guy that NEVER has his ringer on so he misses every call that comes through. It drives me crazy.



5. I usually don't enjoy shopping.

I say "usually" because there are times when I shop and spend money like there's no tomorrow. But for the most part I just don't enjoy it, and let me explain why. First, usually when I do shop I'm looking for something specific and that is the most frustrating thing to do because the "thing" that I'm looking for is never to be found. Second, I'm limited to specific stores like Gap, Banana, JCrew, etc because I CANNOT handle shopping in department stores or discount stores like Nordstrom Rack or Ross. Crazy right? I get way to overwhelmed with all the options that I end up wandering aimlessly, then get frustrated and leave. The only exception to my avoidance of department stores is shoes since this is very targeted and I don't have to dig to find what I'm looking for. Third, when I do shop I ended up buying more things that look like everything else in my closet (I have too many black turtlenecks in my closet - my old winter standby). Fourth, I can appreciate a well-accesorized person with a great bag, earrings, necklaces, shoes, etc. But considering the fact that I get overwhelmed just trying to shop for the basics, imagine my struggles with accessories. I just can't do it for two reasons - I am paranoid of picking the wrong accessories and I can't stand to sift through racks and racks of jewelry. And finally, having a job where business attire is required, I can't justify spending money on clothes that I can't wear to work. So until I have a job where professional attire isn't necessary or I am rich enough to afford a personal shopper, you'll see me in my black turtleneck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Meghann for the (long awaited) informative post. I too understand your Buck Hunter fascination, although I find the turkeys to be the quickest and most annoying little bastards on the face of the earth.

Leslie and Dave said...

Welcome back to blogging. I love hearing what's going on. I too get freaked out when Dave's does not answer his phone, I assume he's fallen on the metro tracks and has been run over. I know a dreadful thought.