Monday, December 10, 2007

Let me introduce us...

After months of enjoying all of my friends blogs, I thought it was about time to jump on the bandwagon. When I first contemplated a blog, I didn't think I would have anything too interesting to write about. I work 55 + hours a week, commute for at least 8 hours a week, and spend a lot of time at home with the Bruce and the Woos (more to come on those two in a minute). I don't live in a foreign country and I don't have any cute babies to share pictures of. But, what I do have is a hilarious dog named Lucy (a.k.a the Woos) and a very witty boyfriend named Josh (a.k.a the Bruce).

Let me start there. You may be asking yourself, why is this blog is named "2 Brucies and a Lucy." Allow me to explain. Josh and I refer to each other as Bruce. I know that sounds totally weird...no, we don't refer to each other as honey, or sweetie, and certainly not baby. Just Bruce, or The Bruce, or Brucie, or even Bruce Face Pants when we really want each other's attention. Where did this name come from? Well, do you remember a little moving called Finding Nemo? Remember the scene with the Sharks at the fish eaters anonymous meeting, and the shark says, "the name's Bruce," and all the sharks replied, "Hello Bruce!" Well, that's where it started. One day about three years, Josh called me and said "Hello Bruce" imagine the "Hello Bruce" in the Australian Shark accent. Yep, that's how he said it and it stuck. The weird thing is that we both call each other Bruce, so it can get a bit confusing and embarassing at times. I don't know how many times I've said to Josh, "Don't call me Bruce in public!"


Me & Bruce at California Adventure last summer - Hello Bruce!

In a nutshell, that's us. More to come from me, the Bruce, and the Woos in the near future.


1 comment:

Hartley Family said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited that you started a blog. I love it! You're hilarious! And yes- you do have a very funny boyfriend and dog too!